For an Android device to be compatible, it must have operating system 8.0 or higher, a minimum of 3GB of RAM, and Vulkan support.
If your device meets these requirements and you are receiving the "Bad Download or Not Enough Storage" popup after updating/installing the game, you may try the following:
*Please note that these instructions will delete any single player games not backed up to the cloud save.
1) Open your device settings > Go to Apps > Select/Search for Google Play Store.
2) When you tap on Google Play Store, you will see a menu on the top right corner (or 3 dots), and then Uninstall updates.
3) Tap on Uninstall Updates and if prompted to change the Play Store app back to the factory version, tap OK.
4) Go back to the list of Apps > Search/Select Google Play Services > Storage > Clear Cashe > Clear Data (this will not affect any game progress or data).
5) You may see a popup that says your data isn’t backed up, ignore this and clear the data.
6) Tap on the three dots in the top right corner, and hit “uninstall updates.”
7) Go back to the list of Apps > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Tap on Show System Apps > Search for download manager > Storage > Clear Data (Will not affect any game progress or data).
8) Close all background/recently opened apps and open Google Play Store from the Home Screen.
9) Uninstall and Reinstall ARK.